Skip to main content
Registrar's Office

Transfer Credit

This page features information pertaining to transfer equivalencies and STARS. Please note that transfer course equivalencies are provided to assist students with determining what course(s) may be accepted at UM, and are subject to change. In order for transfer coursework to be evaluated, the University must receive official copies of transcripts from previously attended institutions. The following conditions apply to all transfer work:

  • Collegiate work from a post-secondary institution not accredited nor in candidacy status for accreditation by a regional accrediting association is not transferable to UM.
  • No more than 64 semester credit hours from a community or junior college may be applied toward meeting UM degree requirements.
  • UM students currently on academic suspension may not transfer coursework to UM taken during their suspension.

Letter of Good Standing