IS&T is responsible for tracking technology assets purchased with University funds. To ensure accurate inventory and tracking, all computer hardware, peripherals, TVs, or any other equipment that is intended to connect to the University’s wired or wireless network and/or purchased with University funds will require approval by IS&T prior to purchase, regardless of the funding source. This includes online orders, purchases made from open POs, employee reimbursements, etc.
While most hardware and IT-related equipment require IS&T review and approval, some items are exempt. The lists below provide guidance on exempt and non-exempt purchases. For questions on any equipment that you wish to purchase or to consult with IS&T prior to your purchase, please contact the Solution Center at SolutionCenter@montevallo.edu or 205-665-6512.
• Computers (desktops and laptops)
• External hard drives or flash drives
• Replacement parts for Computers
• Mobile devices or tablets
• Carts for mobile devices or tablets
• Printers (personal, non-networked)
• Scantron Machines
• Mobile Hotspots
• Networked Cameras
• Mice, trackballs, or trackpads
• External speakers
• Power cords
• Surge protectors
• Monitor privacy screens
• USB Webcams: Single user (Network cameras and cameras for classrooms require approval)
• Digital cameras (point & shoot, DSLR, camcorders)
• Mobile device cases
• Mobile device protective screens
• Presentation clickers/laser pointers
Falcon Print Request
The university’s networked printing system is managed by Business Affairs. To request a network printer or to have an existing network printer relocated, please complete the Falcon Print Request Form below, and Business Affairs will be able to assist you with your network printer request.
While discouraged due to cost inefficiencies, special circumstances may require a non-networked, personal printer. To request a non-networked, desktop printer, please complete the Hardware Request Form above.