The University of Montevallo is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award bachelor’s, master’s, and educational specialist degrees. The University of Montevallo also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of the University of Montevallo may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
In addition, the University of Montevallo is committed to attaining national accreditation for specific degree programs where such recognition is available and appropriate. University of Montevallo programs are accredited by the following organizations:
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (CAA)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Associate Membership in the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST)
All Education programs that result in state licensure are also approved by the Alabama State Board of Education.