McNair Scholars Program
The University of Montevallo TRIO McNair Scholars Program strives to increase the number of first-generation, limited-income students and those students from groups underrepresented at the graduate level who enroll in post-baccalaureate programs with the ultimate goal of earning a doctoral degree. The Program will foster the essential skills and provide the necessary motivation for academic persistence of the TRIO McNair Scholars through:
- Opportunities for meaningful undergraduate research, including presentation and publication;
- Guidance regarding graduate school including the admissions application process, entrance examinations, and financial assistance;
- Academic, professional, and personal development to address the needs of the whole student;
- Collaborative mentorships through faculty, professionals, librarians, and graduate students; and
- Exposure to academic programs and cultural enrichment events not typically available to disadvantaged students.
Who is Dr. McNair? Click the button below to find out.
Dr. McNair Bio