When it comes time to make your college decision, don’t ask yourself where you want to go—ask yourself who you want to be.
Do you want to be a deep thinker, pushing the limits of classroom learning? Do you want to be active, involved, and engaged in your academic community? Do you want to create something original, eye-opening, and impactful, whether it’s on a concert stage or in a laboratory? Do you want to be a leader, an innovator, and a pioneer? If you’ve answered “yes” to all of the above, you’ve come to the right place.
Montevallo’s campus is just a 45-minute drive from Birmingham, the largest city in Alabama. With countless businesses throughout the area, there are internship opportunities and career possibilities everywhere you turn. And if you’re just looking for an escape, Birmingham offers premier entertainment year round, from concerts and plays to a thriving food scene.
Meet a Student
“I think my favorite part about my major is the fact that I can do so much with it. …as someone who came in as undecided it’s really, really cool to have the opportunity to follow so many different paths…”
-Savannah Willard, Junior, Communication Studies Major, Chattanooga, TN
Ask Me How To Get In-State Tuition?
Pursuant to Alabama Code 16-64-2(b)(3) and Policy 03:100, resident tuition rates may apply to those full-time, undergraduate non-resident students receiving a partial or full scholarship award in recognition of a particular talent or ability, provided such student possessed the talent or ability at the time of initial enrollment and maintains continuous scholarship eligibility at UM.
A “partial or full scholarship in recognition of a particular talent or ability” is defined as:
- A UM Foundation scholarship in the amount of $500 or greater;
- Any scholarship awarded by UM based on a student’s demonstrated academic talent pursuant to a recommendation by a UM academic department (e.g., Musical Theatre) or a tryout/selection process administered by a UM academic department;
- Any scholarship awarded by UM based on a student’s demonstrated non-academic talent pursuant to a recommendation by a UM non-academic department (e.g., Athletics) or a tryout/selection process administered by a non-academic department;
- Any of the following scholarships awarded by UM:
- Montevallo Ambassador Program Scholarship (MAPS);
- Presidential Honors Scholarship (PHS);
- Freshman Leadership Scholarship (FLS);
- Academic Recognition Scholarship (ARS);
- Montevallo Academic Leadership Scholarship (MALS);
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship (MLK); and
- Any other scholarship awarded by UM or the UM Foundation that is determined by the President of UM or the UM Foundation or his or her designee to be awarded based on a particular talent or ability of the student.
Visit our scholarships page for additional information