Academic Affairs

Out-of-State Students

If after fully exhausting UM’s complaint process, the out-of-state student does not receive resolution, he/she can pursue the state of residence’s complaint process. Contact information for each State’s complaint process is located on the affiliated State’s Higher Education website and/or the NC-SARA website. For those states participating in the NC-SARA, information about the formal student complaint process can be found at the link below. For a listing of the NC-SARA state participants, please visit the following link:

ACHE Student Complaint Process