Learning Enrichment Center
If you would like to set up weekly tutoring, or if you need a tutor for a course that is not currently listed on the schedule, please click on the green button below to submit a request, and a staff member will contact you within 24 business hours.
Before attending tutoring, please review and sign the LEC Student Agreement. We offer the following services for students:
- Individual Tutoring: Meet one-on-one with a tutor in the LEC
- Small Group Tutoring: Meet with a tutor in addition to 1-2 other students in the class at the same time
- Online Tutoring: Meet with a tutor virtually either one-on-one or in a small group.
- Drop-In Tutoring: Meet with a tutor without having to make an appointment. Fall 2021 Drop-In Schedule
- Assessments of Academic Needs: Meet one-on-one with a professional staff member to discuss your academic concerns and develop a plan to address them.
Work For Us!
We are currently hiring peer tutors for the 2021-2022 academic year. Students from all majors and departments are encouraged to apply. Peer tutors must be currently enrolled students at the University of Montevallo and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. To apply, please visit the jobs page and complete the online application.
LEC Mission Statement
The LEC assists students in identifying their academic needs and provides them with support that will strengthen their academic skills, helping them become more confident students.