Learning Enrichment Center
To submit a tutoring request, please click on the green button, login with your UM username (the first part of your email, not including “@forum.montevallo.edu”) and password, and fill out the form. Once we have received your request, an LEC staff member will contact you. Please allow 24 business hours for us to process your request.
You can also login to the LEC’s tutoring schedule and create a one-time tutoring appointment on your own. See these instructions for help creating your account and using our system. (Please note: only LEC staff members can set up sessions on a recurring basis. If you are interested in setting up recurring tutoring appointments, please submit a tutoring request using the link above.)
- Individual Tutoring: Meet one-on-one with a tutor in the LEC
- Small Group Tutoring: Meet with a tutor in addition to 1-2 other students in the class at the same time
- Online Tutoring: Meet with a tutor virtually either one-on-one or in a small group.
- Drop-In Tutoring (Online and In-Person): Meet with a tutor without having to make an appointment. Click here for more information about using drop-in tutoring.
- Assessments of Academic Needs: Meet one-on-one with a professional staff member to discuss your academic concerns and develop a plan to address them.
Work For Us!
We are currently hiring peer tutors for the 2021-2022 academic year. Priority consideration will be given to those who apply prior to April 30, 2021. Students from all majors and departments are encouraged to apply. Peer tutors must be currently enrolled students at the University of Montevallo and have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. To apply, please visit our job posting and complete the online application. See this flyer for additional information about the position.
LEC Mission Statement
The LEC assists students in identifying their academic needs and provides them with support that will strengthen their academic skills, helping them become more confident students.