The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. The Records Office has created a FERPA link in ForUM where you will find basic FERPA information and a quiz developed from samples in the AACRAO FERPA Guide that will test your FERPA knowledge. All employees who have access to student information must visit the FERPA site and complete the quiz. Everyone will have to be on record as having successfully completed the quiz.
Please follow these instructions to test your knowledge of FERPA.
- Logon to your ForUM account https://forum.montevallo.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
- Click on the Faculty/Staff tab
- Click on the FERPA link under Featured Links
- Click on the FERPA Brochure to familiarize yourself with FERPA
- Click on the appropriate Tutorial for additional information
- Click on Take the quiz to test your knowledge of FERPA
(The final step of the quiz is to confirm your information. Please note that after entering your name and campus email address you must make a selection in both the faculty member box and the staff member box. Click Submit after you have completed the information.)
Any questions should be addressed to the Registrar, Records Office, Palmer Hall, (205) 665-6040. There is also a complete copy of the University’s FERPA policy on file in the Records Office
Any question, contact us at 205-665-6055 or email email@example.com.
Human Resources, 720 Oak Street, Montevallo, AL 35115