The College of Education (COE) has a distinguished and long-standing reputation for producing many of Alabama’s top educators and other professionals. Our programs are strongly connected to real world application through clinical practicums and internships, our faculty routinely model best practices in teaching, learning, and technology, and, above all, our graduates get jobs! If you would like to learn more, please contact us so that we can personally tell you about our programs, and why we believe a degree from the University of Montevallo is unique and highly regarded.
- One of four Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) programs in the state of Alabama
- Affiliated with one of 11 Regional In-service and AMSTI Centers in the state
- Three 100% online Ed.S. programs
- Hybrid and online course delivery of all Traditional M.Ed. programs
- First Family & Consumer Sciences program in Alabama, and one of the first accredited FCS programs in Alabama
- First institution to offer a free-of-charge warranty to school districts for assistance to first- or second-year teachers.
- First Teacher Leadership degree program in Alabama.
- Only chapter of the National Association of Multicultural Education in Alabama.
- Only teacher certification program for teachers of hearing impaired students in Alabama.
- CACREP accredited Counseling Programs that specialize in crisis counseling