Need help filing your IRS forms? Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers, consisting of students from the Stephens College of Business, will provide free income tax preparation assistance to eligible individuals. Sessions will take place at the Parnell Library in Montevallo through April 15 (closed March 24-29). Volunteers will be available Tuesdays from 2-8 p.m. and Saturdays from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. This service is free to all eligible individuals who want to participate. You do not have to reside in Montevallo. To be eligible, you cannot earn more than $58,000 annually. For assistance, bring with you the following:
- -Driver’s license or non-driver ID. (Spouses filing jointly must both be present.);
- -Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers for each family member and working adult;
- -W-2s, 1099s and other income forms;
- -Childcare provider name, address and tax ID; and
- -Bank routing and account numbers for checking and savings accounts.
For more information, contact Steven Julaka at firstname.lastname@example.org.