If an employer asks for any type of identification or financial information, DO NOT SEND IT! Please notify the Career Development Center Office at 205.665.6262.
These positions are not endorsed by the University of Montevallo.
|Position:||Private Tutoring & Childcare|
|Job Description:||After School Sitter. We are looking for help after school our kids need supervision and help with homework and courier service to activities after school. Other requirements: We have two small dogs, non-smoker, reliable transportation, willing to help with homework and straightening,
We have some flexibility on the days and hours depending on the right candidate.
||Reliable Transportation, nonsmoker, References|
|Hours per Week/Salary:
||Flexible days with 3 to 4 afternoons one of which must be Friday.
Salary will be hourly commensurate with experience and agreed responsibilities
|How to Apply:||If interested, please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Position:||Preschool After-school Teacher|
|Company:||Chase Learning Center|
To care for a group of preschoolers from 2:00-6:00 Monday-Friday
Must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma. Must love and respect children and have a true interest in working with them.
|Hours per Week/Salary:
||11-6:00 pm or 2:00-6:00pm Monday-Friday
$9.00 an hour
|How to Apply:||If interested, call Chase Learning Center at 205.620.1616. You can also apply in person at 330 Canyon Park Drive, Pelham AL 35124. You may also email Lorrie at email@example.com|
|Position:||Camera Operator and Video Editor|
Operate camera, sound equipment at corporate events, weddings etc. Edit videos for events filmed to client specifications.
Mass Communications degree
|Salary/Schedule:||Salary is based on experience and or qualifications
Schedule will be M-F for editing and weekends for events
|How to Apply:||If interested, please contact Rush Videos at 205.281.8207|
|Company:||Parnell Memorial Library|
|Job Description:||This position will:
• Explain to and assist patrons in locating and using library materials. Use computers and applicable software (Windows-based) to search for materials, check materials in/out, reserve materials, register new patrons, etc.
• Help patrons use computers, software, and databases
• Search database, issue library cards, perform Internet searches,
• Answer the telephone, perform telephone reference, and referral.
• Help patron make copies or send faxes.
• Any additional duties as required from patron interaction or requested
Applicants must be able to:
• Stand/Walk for at least 4 hours at a time; Lift/move 50+ pounds
• Raise arms above shoulder height to retrieve/shelve/organize materials
• Stoop & bend to collect materials from book drops
• Understand the chain of command and work with little or no supervision
• Work well with public using diplomacy, discretion, flexibility and
|Qualifications:||• High School Graduate or equivalent
• Prior library experience preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to use computers and applicable software.
|Salary/Schedule:||$9.15/hour, 9.5 hours per week
2 Saturdays a month (9:30 am – 1 pm), Tuesdays 10 am – 1 pm OR 5- 8pm, and Thursdays 5-8 pm. Not to exceed 9.5 hours in a week.
|How to Apply:||Interested applicants must submit a completed City of Montevallo employment application. Apply online at
https://www.cityofmontevallo.com/Jobs.aspx? UniqueId=102&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=Part -Time Library-Assistant-16, or mail to:
Parnell Memorial Library, 277 Park Drive, Montevallo, AL 35115.*EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The City of Montevallo is dedicated to providing equal opportunity for employment to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protected status.
|Salary/Schedule:||$20 an hour and Monday-Friday|
|How to Apply:||If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Position:||Office Assistant/Media Manager|
|Job Description:||• Office Assistant typing skill (45 to 90 wpm)
• Experience with Microsoft office platforms.
• Helping to coordinate and planning events
• Organizing and filing documents
• Social media knowledge online
• Ad placements and creating short digital videos
• Excellent phone and email communication skills.
It is a great pay. Our office is currently located in Alabaster
|Qualifications:||High School Diploma|
|Salary/Schedule:||Great pay and flexible pay|
|How to Apply:||If interested, please contact JoyAnn at 205.665.0525 for more information|
|Position:||Sales Associate/Jewelry Consultant|
|Company:||Kay Jewelers (Alabaster location)|
|Job Description:||Shine with Signet!
Kay Jewelers is looking for dynamic, driven and creative individuals to join
our team. Are you ready to use your business and sales skills to begin a financially rewarding career?
Apply to Kay Jewelers if you enjoy working with the best of the best and
celebrating the successes of a strong team. Build your career with a company that thrives on outstanding customer experience, intense and continuous training and making a difference in our customers’ and employees’ lives. If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply with us today! Management-Level Opportunities Interested in management? Our
Store Managers maintain daily focus on individual and team members’ standards achievement to attain sales and profit projections; contribute to an atmosphere of total customer satisfaction; develop team members’ skills and product knowledge through training and evaluation, and recruit and select team members. Store Managers are also responsible for achieving profit margin goals by managing the P&L; following and enforcing all Company policies and procedures; and other operational and strategic duties. Full-Time and Part-Time Sales Opportunities Join our team as a Sales Associate and provide a superior experience to our valued customers. Our Sales Associates are responsible for engaging customers in conversation to understand their needs and objections; presenting merchandise and detailed information on features and benefits; offering extended service plans and financing options and meeting individual and team sales goals. We value integrity, diversity, and teamwork and offer opportunities for advancement as part of our promote from within philosophy. We provide training on sales techniques, product knowledge, and skills to take your career to the next level. In return, we ask that you bring your commitment to excellence, desire to grow and ability to deliver an
exceptional customer experience.
|Qualifications:||Sales, retail and/or jewelry experience is preferred, but not required.
A Sampling of Our Total Rewards:
• Base pay plus commission on sales
• Benefits including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance (full-time team members)
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays (full-time team members)
• Tuition reimbursement, including DCA courses based on position
• Training — Associate Training System, Management Training System, • District Manager in Training, career development and more
• Merchandise discounts
• Incentive trips and contests
Signet Jewelers is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity of all levels of employees. Please know that while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, we can only contact those selected for further consideration
|Salary/Schedule:||Salary varies and schedule varies store hours
|How to Apply:||If interested, apply online at www.sterlingcareers.com|
No information at this time.
|Position:||Restaurant Server/Wait Staff|
|Company:||Timberline Golf Club|
Take food orders, serve food to patrons, clean tables, help kitchen
as needed, help with special occasion events (may be an occasional evening) ,process payments. Occasional Beverage Cart duties on Course.
Willingness to work. Punctuality Neat & Clean with good manners. Pass Drug Test At least 21 to handle alcohol No tattoos or piercings that show. Ability to multi-task with a good attitude.
Minimum wage + Tips
|How to Apply:||If interested, please call Ms. Thomas at 205.668.2293 for more information.|
No information at this time.
No information at this time.
Job will require the handling of all W.H. Thomas Oil marketing procedures. (This is a new position. Specific duties to be determined.)
No specific job requirements other than a marketing degree.
|Salary/Schedule:||Salary is negotiable and schedule will be Monday-Friday|
|How to Apply:||If you are interested, contact W.H. Thomas Oil for an application at 205.755.2610|
|Position:||Bilingual Customer Service- Student Information Specialist|
|Company:||Collegiate Admission & Retention Solutions|
Collegiate Admission & Retention Solutions (CARS) is seeking Bilingual customer service specialists to join our team! As a Student Information Specialist, you will be responsible for the verification of a student’s information and providing general information about the college or university. You will be the first point of contact in helping others achieve their higher education goals!
Awesome Management Team, Flexible Schedules, Room for Growth!
|Salary/Schedule:||$100 sign-on bonus after 90 days of employment|
|How to Apply:||If interested email your resume to email@example.com!|
|Position:||Projectionist (IMAX Theater)|
McWane Science Center counts on the IMAX Projectionist to be responsible for operation of theater systems and assisting with supervision of Theater Hosts, IMAX Associates and volunteers to ensure highest possible visitor satisfaction, presentation quality and operational efficiency.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
1. Operate and maintain theater projection, sound, ancillary equipment according to established procedures and practices, to ensure highest possible presentation quality.
2. Supervise monitoring of theater presentations.
3. Storage of all theater media, equipment, and supplies, according to established procedures and practices.
4. Follow procedures for timing and cueing between projection room, hosting staff and ticketing.
5. Assist in promotion of McWane Science Center and theater programs and events.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Background or experience in electrical or electronic equipment operation, repair and maintenance (specifically audio, video, or
3. Experience running a “film” projection system preferred.
4. Strong skills in analytical thinking.
5. Strong attention to detail.
6. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
7. Able to work well under time constraints, for extended hours, and
in stressful situations.
8. Must have flexible availability throughout the 7-day week including nights, weekends and holidays.
9. Must be at least 18 years of age.
10. Possess non-expired national or county issued food safety certification or obtain no later than 30 days of hire date.
Minimum Physical Qualifications
1. Able to climb stairs and/or ladder.
2. Able to lift and/or push at least 100 lbs.
3. Good eyesight at various distances.
4. Able to hear clearly with both ears.
5. Excellent manual dexterity.
6. Able to sit and/or stand for long periods.*
7. Ability to use a computer.
|Salary/Schedule:||Salary is to be determined.
Schedule is up to 25 hours per week. May include some nights and weekends.
|How to Apply:||
If interested, please forward letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to McWane Science Center Human Resources at HR@mcwane.org or fax 205-714-8400. EOE
Benefits include 403(b) retirement savings plan; free membership; discounts in our gift shop, food court and camps; and on-site parking.