Skip to main content
TRIO Upward Bound Programs

Apply to the TRIO Upward Bound Programs

How to Apply

The University of Montevallo TRIO Upward Bound Programs are funded through grants from the US Department of Education to serve qualifying students at our target schools.

What are the qualifications?

You are qualified to apply if you:

  1. Have a goal to go straight to college after you graduate from high school;
  2. Are either a citizen, a national, or a permanent resident of the United States or are in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and provide evidence from the INS of your intent to become a permanent resident;
  3. Are either a potential first-generation college student (that is, the parent(s) or guardian(s) you live with do(es) not have a Bachelor’s Degree) or are from a low-income family;
  4. Are at least 13 but no older than 19 years old and at least in the 9th grade but have not graduated high school;
  5. Have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4-point scale or a 75 average in your core courses (math, science, social studies, English, and foreign language); and
  6. Attend one of the following schools:
Bibb County High School Chilton County High School Calera High School
West Blocton High School Isabella High School Montevallo High School
Jemison High School Shelby County High School
Thorsby High School
Verbena High School

If you qualify you can get an application from your counselor or download an application from the link below. If you download the application, you will need a .pdf reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can fill the application out online and print it out to sign it, then give it to a teacher or counselor to fill out the recommendation page (the last page of the application). If you get a teacher recommendation, make sure to ask the teacher to give the application to your counselor as soon as possible.

Download application