The Student Government Association will strive to facilitate better relationships between the faculty, administration, staff and the student body. SGA will work to assess problems, make positive improvements, and coordinate change at the University of Montevallo. SGA will promote the ideals of the University of Montevallo, ensure unity through diversity, and be the student voice to the faculty and administration. SGA will serve and represent the opinions and concerns of the student body. Our driving forces will be representation of student needs, community welfare, and the Spirit of the University of Montevallo.
What does SGA do for the Student Body?
The Student Senate represents you, and they will write resolutions and bills to support your concerns.
- SGA provides funding to campus organizations by allocating the Student Activity Fee each spring.
- SGA provides free scantrons and pencils.
- SGA prints The Fledgling, the UM Student Handbook.
- SGA funds the Game Room in Farmer Hall.
- SGA sponsors the campus wide service project, The Big Event each spring to help the local community.
- SGA funds UPC and all campus entertainment such as Back to School Bash, Comedians, Musical Acts, Movies, and Midnight Breakfast.
- SGA sponsors several blood drives on campus each semester.
- SGA sponsors buses to Higher Education Day in Montgomery each spring.
- SGA wants to hear what you think, so please contact your Senate Representative with any concerns or needs you may have. Also, consider applying for an open Senate position.
If you are interested in SGA leadership opportunities, visit Org Sync.
2017-2018 SGA Executive Cabinet
The Executive Branch is responsible for the administration of the Student Government Association and the enforcement of its policies. The Student Body President is assisted by the Vice-President and the appointed Cabinet members. The Vice-President and the Cabinet Members also coordinate Student Government programs. All officers serve their positions for one year.
SGA – PRESIDENT
SGA – VICE-PRESIDENT
SGA – ADMINISTRATIVE VICE-PRESIDENT
SGA – TREASURER
SGA – UPC COORDINATOR
SGA – FRESHMAN FORUM ADVISOR
SGA – DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS
SGA – DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL SERVICES
SGA – DIRECTOR OF DIVERSITY AND STUDENT OUTREACH
SGA – PRESIDENT PRO-TEMPORE
SGA – EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
SGA – STUDENT TRUSTEE
SGA – SENIOR CLASS PRESIDENT
SGA – STARS/HIGHER ED DAY COORDINATOR
SGA – SENATE CLERK