They say that great minds think alike, so why not gather them all in one place?
At the University of Montevallo, we are committed to providing a challenging and engaging curriculum for our Honors students, and we are also dedicated to building an Honors community. That is why we have an Honors residence—Ramsay Hall—that is specially arranged to accommodate Honors students and includes quiet hours every Sunday through Thursday.
There are several benefits to Honors housing in Ramsay:
- The facilities are double rooms and private baths, similar to Brooke and Lund Halls.
- Both male and female Honors students are together under one roof.
- A study room/lounge in the basement is available for Honors students.
- Space on the first floor is available to Honors students after 5pm for meetings, MHO, group study, or Honors events.
- Plus, there is a nice lounge area in the entry way and a kitchen on the first floor.
To be eligible to live on these Honors floors, one must be an active member of the Honors program. To apply for these rooms, please check “Honors Program” on your Residence Hall application. Housing assignments for new residents are made based on the date the housing application is received. Applying early increases your chance of receiving your hall and/or roommate preference. If you have questions, contact Housing and Residence Life at 205-665-6235 or firstname.lastname@example.org.