Fostering a Living-Learning Community
At the University of Montevallo, we are committed to providing an engaging curriculum for our Honors students, and we are also dedicated to building an Honors community. That is why we have an Honors residence—Ramsay Hall—that is specially arranged to accommodate Honors students and includes quiet hours every Sunday through Thursday.
There are several benefits to Honors housing in Ramsay:
- The facilities are double rooms and private baths, similar to Brooke and Lund Halls.
- The residence hall is co-educational.
- A study room/lounge in the basement is available for Honors students.
- Space on the first floor is available to Honors students for meetings, MHO, group study, or Honors events.
- Ramsay also houses offices for Honors, Graduate Studies, University Events & Calendar, and the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences, giving Honors students convenient access to many campus resources.
To be eligible to live on the Honors floors, one must be an active member of the Honors program. To apply for these rooms, please check “Honors Program” on your Residence Hall application. Housing assignments for new residents are made based on the date the housing application is received. Applying early increases your chance of receiving your hall and/or roommate preference. If you have questions, contact Housing and Residence Life at 205-665-6235 or email@example.com.