Student Conduct Process

Student Conduct Grievance

Student Conduct Grievance

The Board of Trustees and the president of the University are ultimately responsible for governing the University. The student conduct process is administered by the University’s Chief Student Affairs Officer. The University’s Chief Student Affairs Officer, in turn, designates the Director of Student Conduct with administrative authority and responsibility for oversight and implementation of student conduct policies and procedures.  This responsibility includes creating, sharing, and enforcing policies and procedures, in cooperation with other appropriate University bodies, for the consideration of conduct violations and the application of pathway projects in an efficient, consistent, fair, and educationally meaningful manner. The Director of Student Conduct may further delegate responsibility to various authoritative bodies and administrative staff (e.g., Housing and Residence Life staff, University Conduct Council).

Once an alleged violation has occurred, an incident report is filed with the Office of Student Conduct. Reporters, who are individuals initiating a complaint, must file an incident report within a timely manner not to exceed one year from the date of the alleged incident except in circumstances wherein an ongoing threat to the health and safety of the campus community is suspected. Reports may be filed in person, electronically or in writing by University faculty, staff, students, and/or police officers. A valid complaint must be related to a Student Code of Conduct violation and/or any violation of local, state, or federal law. Incident reports should include the identity of the alleged Respondent, the location of the alleged incident, and as much information as possible related to the specifics of the alleged incident. An electronic incident report can be found through the Home or Faculty/Staff tab in ForUM or by clicking here.

Violations of regulations of residences, libraries, resource centers, and other areas of University life may also result in disciplinary action. For further regulations pertaining to conduct within the residence halls see the University of Montevallo Residence Hall Handbook at

All types of incident reports including those related to sexual misconduct or abuse, stalking, domestic violence, and/or dating violence may be filed with and investigated by the Title IX Office and personnel on campus and the University Police Department. University officials are available to assist anyone needing such assistance in matters wherein law enforcement notification may be warranted. In situations involving threatening behavior, sexual misconduct or abuse, stalking, domestic violence, and/or dating violence, other available options may include assistance with changing academic, living, transportation, and working situations regardless of a victim’s choice in reporting the situation to campus or local police. Individuals needing assistance with filing an incident report and/or discussing their options for pursuing a case should contact the Title IX Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator for Employees, or VPESA. Contact information for these individuals is below as well as information related to available campus and community resources.

Dr. Tomeiko Scott
Title IX Coordinator
Main Hall
(205) 665-6250
Ms. Ashley Baugh
Title IX Coordinator for Employees
Will Lyman House
(205) 665-6055
Ms. Dawn Makofski
Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Student Activity Center (SAC)
(205) 665-6633

Community and Campus Resources (see Quick Links at bottom of page for a list of Resources for Survivors)

UM Police
205.665.6155Montevallo City Police
(205) 665-1264
or 911
UM Counseling Services
(205) 665-6245
(Source for confidential reporting on campus)
(205) 669-1877
(Advocacy & Legal Assistance)
Rape Response
(205) 323-7273 or (Advocacy & Legal Assistance)