- One day, six and one-half hours – 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in basic driving skills.
- Must be 16 years – 19 years of age.
- Interactive classroom discussion, in-car range driving activities and driving simulation.
- Center auto is provided for “hands-on” driving.
- 12 students per course.
- Registration Fee – $150.00/Student, No Refund (Unless cancelled by the Traffic Safety Center).
- Payment must accompany registration forms.
- No faxed registration forms will be accepted.
- Rescheduling a course will result in an additional $150.00 fee.
- Insurance Discount may apply, check with your agent.
Scheduling a Course
Scheduling a course can be accomplished in one of two ways:
- An individual or group may refer to the Young Driver Risk Reduction Course schedule for existing course dates
- Any school, company, church, or other group may schedule a course on a date that is mutually agreeable. There will be no rescheduling once a date is confirmed.
Phone: Byron Partridge (205) 665-6740
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
How to Register
To register, complete the “on-line registration“ and submit your credit card payment, OR complete the registration form and mail it with your check payable to the Alabama Traffic Safety Center.
If you are registering “on-line” you will receive an e-mail confirmation (within 48 business hours) of your class date assignment and driving direction to the training site.
If you mail your registration and check to us, we will confirm your class date assignment upon receipt of payment.
Completed registration form(s) and check(s) made payable to the Alabama Traffic Safety Center must be sent to the following address:
Young Driver Risk Reduction Course
Alabama Traffic Safety Center
University of Montevallo, Station 6740
Montevallo, AL 35115-6000