Junior Alumni Board
The mission of the University of Montevallo Junior Board of Directors is to foster interaction between the University of Montevallo and those who have graduated from the University in the past fifteen years.
In accordance with the University of Montevallo National Alumni Association’s mission and purpose, the purposes of this board shall be to primarily support the needs and wants of young alumni of the University of Montevallo, and shall include:
- Serve and support alumni who have graduated from the University within the last fifteen (15) years with programs and activities that are uniquely tailored to their needs;
- Integrate recent graduates into the Alumni Association;
- Foster communication between the University and its recent graduates; and
- Encourage recent graduates to contribute their time, talent, and financial resources to the continued enhancement of the University community.
Message from outgoing Junior Alumni Board President Kristen Dechert ’03
The University of Montevallo Junior Alumni Board serves all alumni who have graduated in the past 15 years. We have opportunities to reconnect at homecoming and host several social events in the Birmingham and Montevallo areas throughout the year. We also serve UM students by providing scholarships and hosting events for professional networking and learning opportunities. To stay up to date on events for recent graduates, please check out our Facebook page. If you would like to serve on the UMJAB or if you would like to nominate someone for the board, please fill out the form linked below.
Interested in serving on the board?
Junior Alumni Board Application Meet the Board
- Annual Spring Soiree Scholarship Fundraiser held in May
- Junior Alumni Board Leadership Scholarship for $1000 to upperclassman
- Alumni Night at the Ballpark co-sponsored with the Jefferson County Alumni Club in summer
- Summer socials and other events for young alumni to gather and also give back to UM
- Selection of Nathalie Molton Gibbons Young Achiever Award
- Oversee the coordination of the Hope Bryant Smith Memorial 5K Run