New Student Account Setup
Follow the steps below to set up your UM student account:
- Click the button below and then enter the required information found in your acceptance letter:
- User ID- this is your M# (“M” must be capitalized)
- PIN- initially, it will be your six digit birth date (mmddyy)
- Select the “Login” button
- Set your security question and answer
- Contact the Solution Center at 205-665-6512 to reset your password
- Once you’ve set your password, be sure to find your university email address by clicking “Personal Information” and then “View E-mail Addresses”. You will need your university email to apply for scholarships and when you attend orientation.
Solution Center’s hours: Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.