New Student Account Setup (Banner Self-Service)
Follow the steps below to set up your UM student account:
- Click the button below and then enter the required information found in your acceptance letter:
- User ID- this is your M# (“M” must be capitalized)
- PIN- initially, it will be your six digit birth date (mmddyy)
- Select the “Login” button
- Set your security question and answer
- Once you have accessed your student account, you can find your university email address by clicking “Personal Information” and then “View E-mail Addresses”.
- Contact the Solution Center at email@example.com if you need to set your UM email password. You will need access to your university email to apply for scholarships and when you attend orientation.
Solution Center’s hours: Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Montevallo Student Email
To access your student email account, use your UM email and password. Step by step instructions are also below for setting up student email on your Android or Apple device. If you have not setup your password or need to reset your password, email firstname.lastname@example.org.