The University of Montevallo welcomes qualified students from other countries to join our diverse student body.
Requirements for International Admissions Review
- A completed original UM international student application for admission signed by the student and the required $30.00 application fee. Students should check the list of majors offered at UM and enter the one they choose in the appropriate space on the application. The application file, including all supporting documents, must be complete 2 months prior to the intended term of enrollment.
- A completed original International Students Medical History Form signed by a physician, a Tuberculosis (TB) skin test dated within 12 months of class start date, and dates of two MMR vaccinations (Measles, Mumps, Rubella).
- A completed International-affidavit-support indicating that sufficient funds are available to pay the cost of attendance ($37,131 for the 2018-2019 year). Documentation stating that the necessary funds will be available to you for the academic year is required. NOTE: There is no financial aid program for international students at UM, nor do immigration laws permit part-time employment except in limited circumstances.
- For non-native English speakers, a score report of either the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required. The University requires a score of 525 or better on the written TOEFL, a score of more than 193 on the computer-based exam, or a score of at least 71 on the Internet-based TOEFL. On the IELTS, the University requires a minimum overall score of a 6.0, with a minimum score of 5.0 on any individual section.
- A complete transcript of all secondary school study (translated into English, if necessary).
- An official evaluation of any college credit taken at a college or university outside the United States. Evaluation must be done by an evaluating agency such as World Education Services or Lisano International. This evaluation is necessary for acceptance of credits to a UM program of study. Official transcripts from any college or university attended in the United States and Transfer Clearance Form completed by the DSO at the previous institution.
- Click here for information about Health Insurance for International Students.