GoSoapBox is a web-based classroom response system. It enables instructors to create “Events” that can include the following student response options.
- Polls: Results can be displayed or hidden from students.
- Quizzes: Quizzes are self-paced and can include multiple choice and/or short answer questions.
- Discussions: Instructor can post multiple questions and choose if posts are viewable by all students.
- Confusion barometer: Students can indicate their understanding of a face-to-face discussion or lecture.
- Social Q&A: This backchannel feature allows students to post a question during a lecture. Other students or the instructor can vote the question up or down and/or post an answer.
Students enter an access code on the GoSoapBox website to enter an “Event” and respond using their own laptop or device. All responses can be downloaded for documentation and assessment purposes.
Possible educational uses
- Formative assessment
- Facilitate class discussion
- Online quiz