Equipment for Checkout
Faculty and staff with a valid University of Montevallo I.D. may checkout available equipment through the Malone Center. This equipment is available for University-related purposes only with the highest priority given to uses associated with official classes or instruction. All other uses are subject to equipment availability. Persons checking out this equipment assume responsibility for exercising care to protect items from theft, loss, or damage and to return equipment as scheduled.
- Printing (color & B/W)
- Bulletin board paper
- Color paper
- Spiral binding
- Paper cutter
To reserve equipment, please complete the Equipment Request
Technology Support Policy
The Malone Center staff is pleased to assist University faculty in identifying, adapting, and adopting technologies to support their instructional goals. However, with the rapidly expanding array of instructional technologies that are available and in keeping with evidence-based best practices, we focus our efforts on technologies with the greatest potential for positively impacting student learning and our campus community as a whole. This includes:
- Canvas (UM’s learning management system);
- Other institutionally licensed software such as Box (UM’s file storage and sharing platform) and Zoom (UM’s web conferencing and synchronous distance education platform);
- Standard classroom technology;
- Malone Center equipment available for faculty checkout
- Instructional technologies included in the Malone Center’s Instructional Technology Toolkit.
At this time, we cannot support any individually licensed technologies such as book publishers’ learning platforms. If you are interested in adopting such a tool, we encourage you to review IS&T’s Policies and Procedures webpage. You may also wish to contact a member of the company’s customer support team for questions regarding course use and pedagogical strategies.