Applicants must submit a completed UMFSIA application to the Office of Service Learning either electronically, by handmail, or in person.
- FSIA Application (word format)
- FSIA Application (PDF format)
Applicants must ask two individuals complete and submit recommendation forms either electronically, by handmail, or in person.
One of the references must be a faculty or staff member.
- FSIA recommendation form (word format)
FSIA recommendation form (PDF format)
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Office of Service Learning and Community Engagement
845 Valley Street, Station 6006
Montevallo, AL 35115
Why should you become a Falcon Scholar?
Honors and Awards
- UMFSIA will be provided with monthly stipends in appreciation for their service.
- UMFSIA are honored in a variety of other contexts such as an awards banquet, commencement recognition and being provided with certification of the accomplishments of the scholar.
- Commit to one year of service, serving your designated agency during fall, spring and one additional term (either May, Summer I or Summer II.)
- Ten hours required each week.
- Attend monthly meetings on campus with the Service Learning Coordinator.
- Submit the required program evaluations each semester
- Complete a timesheet each month.
- Fulfill duties as assigned by site-based supervisors.