Young Musicians’ Camp
June 10 – 15, 2018
The University of Montevallo Department of Music welcomes middle and high school-aged choir, band, orchestra, piano, guitar students and aspiring music technologists and composers to the 15th annual Young Musicians’ Camp, Sunday, June 10 through Friday, June 15, 2018.
This one week, residential experience provides superior instruction combined with the fun and friendship of a great summer camp. A variety of ensemble and master-class experiences are conducted by our internationally recognized UM music faculty and guest artists. Evening activities include swimming, field sports, cook-outs, movies, and talent shows. Individual private instruction is also available in guitar, voice, piano, and for all traditional band and orchestral instruments.
Participants should be between the ages of 11-18, be able to read music, and have completed at least one year of study in a school band, orchestra, choir, guitar class, piano class, or have taken private lessons outside of school. Experience in music technology is not required for the music technology program, only the ability to read music.
Camp tuition includes a single or double occupancy room, all-you-can eat buffet-style meals, instruction by university faculty holding doctorates and select visiting artists, instructional materials, admittance to evening activities, and a camp t-shirt. We are fortunate to hold camp tuition costs at the same rate for a sixth straight year, $395 for double occupancy and $495 for single occupancy rooms, the lowest rate in the state based on camp length and offerings. A $100 deposit is all that’s required during online or mail-in registration.
All-State Band, Choir, and Orchestra participants or piano and voice students who placed in an AMTA sanctioned event qualify for a YMC All-State/AMTA Scholarship. For those who did not participate in All-State or AMTA, talent and need-based YMC Opportunity Scholarships are also available.
- Online: Complete the online registration process here: YMC Online Registration. The participant’s medical and insurance information will be needed. Piano participants will also be prompted to provide instructor contact information, describe performance activities and awards received, and list repertoire studied.
Submit the $100 deposit online via credit card using the CashNet online payment system or mail a check/money order for $100 made payable to the “UM Foundation.” Registration will be processed when deposit is received.
- Mail: Complete the YMC Registration Packet (document is fillable or may be printed and completed by hand). Mail the completed registration packet along with the $100 deposit in the form of a check or money order made payable to the “UM Foundation.”
- MAY 4: Scholarship Applicant Registration Due
- MAY 11: Registration for All Others Due
- MAY 18: Final Day to Request Refunds
- MAY 25: Balance of Tuition & Fees Due