The mission of the College of Education and Human Development is to prepare highly skilled, knowledgeable, and continually developing undergraduate and graduate candidates who make informed decisions, use current evidence and research based practices, and promote healthy and equitable communities through careers in counseling, exercise and nutrition science, family and consumer sciences, leadership, teaching, and technology.
The College of Education and Human Development at the University of Montevallo will seek continuous improvement opportunities to build on our solid reputation of educating outstanding students in Counseling, Exercise & Nutrition Science, Family & Consumer Sciences, Leadership, Teaching, and Technology. The College will continue to offer meaningful immersion of a liberal arts education in every strand of the programs. The College will be known as caring, collaborative, and conscientious leaders in the world of education and human development.
At the University of Montevallo, the College of Education and Human Development values the following:
- Academic excellence and commitment to providing meaningful and practical learning experiences with educated, experienced, and committed faculty and staff.
- The commitment to attain and maintain national accreditation to further honor various licensures and certifications in a multitude of professions.
- Engaged professional development, service, and access to research opportunities in rigorous and rich environments.
- Fostering reflective ideas and opportunities related to diversity, equity, inclusivity, and social justice.
- Collaboration and community partnerships to promote multiple perspectives while working toward common goals.