The ALSDE is currently updating their website and certification application process. More information regarding your application will be posted as we receive updates.
Because of these updates, we will be flexible with application deadlines and will contact you if we have not received your application prior to the TES submission.
All teacher education students, graduating or completing a certification program, should apply for certification with the office of Teacher Education Services.
All applications for certification must be processed through the TES office as the university serves as the recommending institution.
Certification Application Deadlines:
Certification applications for December graduates due by November 1st
Certification applications for May graduates due to by April 1st
Certification applications for students earning a degree in August due by July 1st
TES must wait for transcripts to be finalized by the Registrar’s Office at the end of each term.
Please allow two (2) weeks after the end of each term for processing in our office.
Please note: Programs completed in the Summer term cannot be processed until August.
A completed certification application packet includes the following:
* Certification application or CACREP Supplement PRK & Form KRP
* Supplement CIT form
* Proof of citizenship
* Proof of payment
DO NOT STAPLE DOCUMENTS
DO NOT PRINT ON THE BACK
For Application Instructions, select the instructions appropriate to your program below:
- Certification Application Instructions for all programs except CACREP-Counseling
- Certification Application Instructions for CACREP-Counseling
Certification application form on ALSDE website: More information to come.
Click here for the Supplement CIT
The ALSDE requires citizenship documentation for all teacher certification applicants.
Please attach all required documentation. If using your driver’s license, please submit a copy of the front and the back. Please note this is a two page form.
Click here for the Certification Payment Information:
You may pay $30 plus transaction fee online for each certification. Please note: Elementary/Collab will be $60.
Important Points to Remember:
- Completed certification applications should be submitted to the Teacher Education Services office in Wills Hall 207 in person or via U.S. postal mail. Please do not overnight as there will be delays. Scanned images will not be accepted. Original signatures are required.
- Submitting incomplete applications will cause a delay in processing.
- Submitting applications after the deadline may cause a delay in processing.
- Completed applications received after graduation will be processed as a group in a separate submission to the ALSDE.
- TES will begin processing applications after graduation and usually have them processed and sent to the ALSDE within two weeks after graduation. A Verification of Completion and Graduation will be emailed to forum email addresses.
- Check your certification status with the Alabama State Department of Education at: