All teacher education students, graduating or completing a certification program, should apply for certification with the office of Teacher Education Services.
All applications for certification must be processed through the TES office as the university serves as the recommending institution.
Certification Application Deadlines:
Certification applications for December graduates due by November 1st
Certification applications for May graduates due to by April 1st
Certification applications for students earning a degree in August due by July 1st
Please note: Programs completed in the Summer term cannot be processed until the completion of the term. TES must wait for transcripts to be finalized by the Registrar’s Office. Please allow two (2) weeks after the end of each term for processing in our office.
Verification of Recommendation for Certification Forms will be released to students after certification requirements are verified, and certification is recommended by the TES office to ALSDE.
The ALSDE requires citizenship documentation for all teacher certification applicants.
Please attach all required documentation. Click here to find the Supplement CIT form.
Certification Payment Information:
You may pay online at https://www.alabamainteractive.org/education/ or submit a money order or cashiers check payable to the ALSDE (Alabama State Dept of Education) for $30 for each certification. Please note: Elementary/Collab will be $60. On the money order or cashier’s check, include your address, social security number, and your signature.
University of Montevallo
Teacher Education Services
75 College Drive, Station #6352
Montevallo, AL 35115
Important Points to Remember:
- Completed certification applications should be submitted to the Teacher Education Services office in Wills Hall 207 in person or via U.S. postal mail. Scanned images will not be accepted. Original signatures are required. Due to COVID19, please do not overnight, as we may not be in the office to receive and accept.
- Submitting incomplete applications will cause a delay in processing.
- Submitting applications after the deadline may cause a delay in processing.
- Completed applications received after the deadline will be processed collectively and sent in a separate submission to the ALSDE.
- TES will begin processing applications after graduation and usually have them processed and sent to the ALSDE within two weeks after graduation. After Verification of Recommendation for Certification forms have been mailed, candidates should check their certification status with the Alabama State Department of Education at: