Skip to main content
Alternative Master's Degrees

Alternative Master's in Deaf and Hard of Hearing, P-12

Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Hybrid Delivery

The alternative master’s degree is designed for those who already hold a bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.75 overall GPA, and who have now decided they would like to become a P-12 teacher for students who are deaf or hard of hearing.  The degree  leads to initial certification through the Alabama State Department of Education.

Information about testing requirements that apply to alternative master’s degree candidates can be found under Teacher Education Services.