Skip to main content
Alternative Master's Degrees

Alternative Master’s in Collaborative Education, K-6

The alternative master’s degree is designed for those who already hold a bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.75 overall GPA, and who have now decided they would like to become a teacher.  The degree in Collaborative Teacher K-6 leads to initial certification in special education through the Alabama State Department of Education.  Highly sought after by school districts throughout the state, graduates are sure to find a teaching position working with elementary age children who have special needs.

Information about testing requirements that apply to alternative master’s degree candidates can be found under Teacher Education Services.