- An undergraduate bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- An overall GPA of at least 2.5 or 2.75 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work;
- A competitive score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE);
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better; and
- Two letters of recommendation.
Note: Applications may be submitted prior to taking GMAT exam.
Admission to the MBA program requires completion of 21 hours of undergraduate business courses from a regionally accredited college or university. Prerequisite courses must be substantially equivalent to the following Stephens College of Business courses:
- Accounting 221 – Principles of Accounting I (Financial Accounting)
- Economics 232 – Microeconomics
- Finance 372 – Business Finance
- Quantitative Methods 235 – Quantitative Methods in Business
- Marketing 351 – Principles of Marketing
- Management 361 – Principles of Organization and Management Theory
- Management Information Systems 161- Introduction to Computers (or proficiency)
- A course in macroeconomics similar to EC 231 and a course in managerial accounting similar to AC 222 are recommended, but not required.
Note: All prerequisite courses are offered each academic year in the Stephens College of Business undergraduate evening program.