If you have plenty of ambition, but not a lot of time, the Michael E. Stephens College of Business is where you belong. Earn your Master of Business Administration degree in less than a year.
Working from home now and interested in pursuing a MBA online? Find out more information with our 30-minute informational session so we can answer any questions you have about our admissions process and our AACSB-accredited MBA program. You can schedule either a Zoom session or a phone call session when it is convenient for you.
We are temporarily waving the GMAT or GRE test for admission for the fall 2020 semester. The application only requires you to submit your resume, transcript, and two letters of recommendation. We review applications as items are received. It has never been a better time to apply for the MBA program at the University of Montevallo.
Our leadership-driven MBA is our flagship program and one of the most innovative and well-recognized MBA programs in the state. It’s for the student eager to launch a career of distinction and the working professional ready to move up, change careers, or maximize earning potential. It’s for enterprising individuals from any industry who want a world- class business degree that’s fast, flexible, and affordable.
Employers are seeking well-rounded leaders who have a deep, foundational knowledge of a variety of business subject areas. With a general management concentration and an interdisciplinary perspective, our MBA experience imparts invaluable knowledge and skills across a range of competencies— accounting, communications, economics, finance, marketing, operations, strategy, and more. Our AACSB-accredited courses are taught by accomplished business professionals who serve as full-time faculty mentors, incorporating the latest digital technology to facilitate distance interactions and real-world applications of lessons. And with the convenience of our hybrid “Log-In/Drop-In” courses, class meetings are on your terms, freeing you to complete your degree in less than a year!
We’re confident you won’t find a better return on investment when deciding where to earn your MBA.
A $15K investment in a MBA degree at UM can yield $1M over the course of your career.
University of Montevallo MBA Degree Benefits:
- 100% full-time faculty
- Log-In/Drop-In courses let you decide whether to show up in person or online for class meetings
- GMAT/GRE waivers available for those who qualify through work experience
- 98% graduation rate
- Access to robust career prep services, internships, and job searches through the Grainger Center for Professional Practice
- Undergraduate business minor gives you all the necessary prerequisites
- Non-business students can utilize the Business Summer Institute to complete prerequisites during the summer term
- Pelham campus’ proximity to Birmingham provides numerous opportunities for internships and job placement
- An undergraduate bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university;
- An overall GPA of at least 2.5 or 2.75 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work;
- A competitive score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE);
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better; and
- Two letters of recommendation.
Admission to the MBA program requires completion of 21 hours of undergraduate business courses from a regionally-accredited college or university. Prerequisite courses must be substantially equivalent to the following Stephens College of Business courses:
- Accounting 221–Principles of Accounting I (Financial Accounting)
- Economics 232–Microeconomics
- Finance 372–Business Finance
- Quantitative Methods 235–Quantitative Methods in Business
- Marketing 351–Principles of Marketing
- Management 361–Principles of Organization and Management Theory
- Management Information Systems 161–Introduction to Computers (or proficiency)
- A course in macroeconomics similar to EC 231 and a course in managerial accounting similar to AC 222 are recommended, but not required.
Note: All prerequisite courses are offered each academic year either online or on-campus. In addition, all prerequisite courses can be completed online during the summer term.