If you have plenty of ambition, but not a lot of time, the Michael E. Stephens College of Business is where you belong. Earn your Master of Business Administration degree in less than a year.
Our leadership-driven MBA is our flagship program and one of the most innovative and well-recognized MBA programs in the state. It’s for the student eager to launch a career of distinction and the working professional ready to move up, change careers, or maximize earning potential. It’s for enterprising individuals from any industry who want a world- class business degree that’s fast, flexible, and affordable.
Employers are seeking well-rounded leaders who have a deep, foundational knowledge of a variety of business subject areas. With a general management concentration and an interdisciplinary perspective, our MBA experience imparts invaluable knowledge and skills across a range of competencies— accounting, communications, economics, finance, marketing, operations, strategy, and more. Our AACSB-accredited courses are taught by accomplished business professionals who serve as full-time faculty mentors, incorporating the latest digital technology to facilitate distance interactions and real-world applications of lessons. And with the convenience of our hybrid “Log-In/Drop-In” courses, class meetings are on your terms, freeing you to complete your degree in less than a year!
We’re confident you won’t find a better return on investment when deciding where to earn your MBA.
A $15K investment in a MBA degree at UM can yield $1M over the course of your career. Here are five more reasons to consider a MBA degree at Montevallo from Bham Now.
University of Montevallo MBA Degree Benefits:
- 100% full-time faculty
- Log-In/Drop-In courses let you decide whether to show up in person or online for class meetings
- GMAT/GRE waivers available for those who qualify through work experience
- 98% graduation rate
- Access to robust career prep services, internships, and job searches through the Grainger Center for Professional Practice
- Undergraduate business minor gives you all the necessary prerequisites
- Non-business students can utilize the Business Summer Institute to complete prerequisites during the summer term
- Pelham campus’ proximity to Birmingham provides numerous opportunities for internships and job placement
- An undergraduate bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university;
- An overall GPA of at least 2.5 or 2.75 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work;
- A competitive score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE);
- Completion of prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better; and
- Two letters of recommendation.
Admission to the MBA program requires completion of 21 hours of undergraduate business courses from a regionally-accredited college or university. Prerequisite courses must be substantially equivalent to the following Stephens College of Business courses:
- Accounting 221–Principles of Accounting I (Financial Accounting)
- Economics 232–Microeconomics
- Finance 372–Business Finance
- Quantitative Methods 235–Quantitative Methods in Business
- Marketing 351–Principles of Marketing
- Management 361–Principles of Organization and Management Theory
- Management Information Systems 161–Introduction to Computers (or proficiency)
- A course in macroeconomics similar to EC 231 and a course in managerial accounting similar to AC 222 are recommended, but not required.
Note: All prerequisite courses are offered each academic year either online or on-campus. In addition, all prerequisite courses can be completed online during the summer term.