So you’ve earned a bachelor’s degree, and you’ve accomplished a lot in those few years.
But if you want to climb even higher, we can help you extend your journey one of our engaging and accessible graduate programs.
Ready to fill out an application? Below are some things to get you started.
Applicants should submit the following materials directly to the graduate coordinator, Prof. Beringer at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail hard copies to English Department, Attn: English M.A. Admissions, Station 6420, Montevallo, AL 35115:
- Completed application form.
- A cover letter of one to two pages outlining the applicant’s reasons for pursuing the M.A. in English.
- A writing sample of 10-25 pages of the applicant’s best scholarly work
- Students interested in creative writing may choose to send an additional creative writing sample of no more than 15 pages.
- Copies of transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs attended.
- Two letters of reference from current or past professors (or others familiar with the applicant’s scholarly potential).
Know Your Deadlines
Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Priority application dates are as follows:
- Fall: July 15
- Spring: November 15
- Summer: April 15
Satisfactory Test Scores for Admission
- GRE 290
- MAT 388
Test Registration Information
- MAT: The MAT is given at the University of Montevallo campus each semester through the Office of Counseling and Leadership. Please contact the office secretary at 205.665.6380 for more information.
- GRE: Interested students should register for the GRE here.
Electronic official transcript delivery is a new delivery method the University of Montevallo is offering in partnership with eSCRIP-SAFE. Transcripts from institutions that are members of the eSCRIP-SAFE network will be delivered electronically with the student signed request. To see a list of institutions within the network, view the eSCRIP-SAFE network membership list.
Do you see your college(s) on the list and want your eSCRIP transcripts delivered to UM? Contact the respective registrar or records office to have your transcripts electronically sent to email@example.com.