Applicants should submit the following materials directly to the graduate coordinator, Prof. Beringer via email at email@example.com:
- Completed application form.
- A cover letter of one to two pages outlining the applicant’s reasons for pursuing the M.A. in English
- A writing sample of 10-25 pages of the applicant’s best scholarly work
- Students interested in creative writing may choose to send an additional creative writing sample of no more than 15 pages.
- Copies of transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs attended.
- Two letters of reference from current or past professors (or others familiar with the applicant’s scholarly potential).
- The minimum GPA for admission is 2.5 cumulative; if an applicant falls below this threshold, the committee will review the transcript, consult with the applicant regarding any extenuating circumstances, and make a final determination.