Welcome to the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Montevallo! We offer an outstanding and unique educational experience for undergraduate and graduate students in a wide variety of majors, minors, and concentrations.
Through a wide range of class offerings, our students acquire not only knowledge but also skills and abilities, such as oral and written communication skills, the ability to solve problems both analytically and creatively, personal and social responsibility, and cultural literacy. Upon graduation, you will find that employers value these attributes as well, and thus our graduates find meaningful employment in myriad fields, from government to education to business to non-profits.
YOU BELONG AT MONTEVALLO AND THE COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
Our exceptional educational experience is characterized by:
- A world-class, full-time faculty dedicated to teaching, learning, and student success
- Nationally accredited degree programs
- Innovative new programs such as Environmental Studies, Criminology Concentration in Sociology, and Computer Science
- A focus on interdisciplinary and collaborative courses and degree programs that foster the critical connections necessary in our world today
- Beyond-the-classroom learning opportunities, including:
- Undergraduate Research (UR), which provides opportunities for university, state, and national presentations with UR travel awards. Students work one-on-one with a faculty mentor in their area of interest.
- Service and Experiential Learning, which enriches a liberal-arts education and produces graduates prepared to embrace the complex challenges of their world. Students can participate in activities at the Ebenezer Swamp, the James Wylie Shepard Observatory, and the Community Garden, or engage in various volunteer activities.
- Study Abroad experiences, which expose students to a variety of international cultures
- Innovative class projects, including student-produced publications and literary and artistic exhibitions
- Internships at the local, state, and national levels, which enhance the transition from college to careers
Visit our historic and beautiful campus and meet our dedicated faculty, staff, and students. We hope to welcome you to the UM family!
Dr. Ruth Truss, Interim Dean