APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2022 ADMISSION
All application materials must now be submitted through the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) website (click the button below). No materials should be submitted directly to our department or the graduate school at Montevallo. Complete application instructions and information about CSDCAS can be found in the UM Speech Pathology Graduate Application Checklist (click the button below). Please note: While there is no application fee this year required to be paid directly to the University, there are fees that CSDCAS will require. More information about fees required by CSDCAS can be found on their webpage.
The basic application requirements for consideration for admission are as follows:
Applications for the Non-Background M.S. Track are open until July 1, 2022. Apply today!
- Application deadline for fall admission: January 15th
- To ensure timely processing of your application, we strongly suggest that applications be submitted by the end of December, and that all supporting documents be submitted to CSDCAS 2-3 weeks ahead of the January 15th deadline.
- One official transcript from each college or university attended
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0, and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of coursework
- Minimum score of 290 on the GRE
- Applicants must meet these standards to be considered for unconditional admission. Applicants not meeting the minimums may be considered for conditional admission if the cohort is not filled.
- 3 recommendation forms completed by faculty members within your major that directly taught/supervised you.
- A personal interview may be required. You will be notified after the application deadline to schedule an interview (either in-person or via video chat).
- If you have an undergraduate degree in communication disorders (or its equivalent), apply for the M.S. SLP Traditional track on CSDCAS.
- If you have an undergraduate degree in a different field, apply for the M.S. SLP Nonbackground track on CSDCAS.
If you have any questions about your application, please contact either our Administrative and Graduate Program Assistant, Ms. Allison Thomas, at 205-665-6720 email@example.com or our Graduate Program Coordinator, Dr. Claire Edwards, at 205-665-6724 firstname.lastname@example.org.