The goal of the Office of University Relations is to offer marketing support across campus so you can focus on completing the many other tasks you handle throughout each day.
Submitting a request:
We ask that all requests for photography, design, print, social media and communication services be made through UM’s Solution Center. Simply log in to: solutioncenter.montevallo.edu
with your standard UM credentials and select University Relations for Request Type to submit your request.
Design and/or Printing
- Two to four weeks notice is requested.
- Includes: ads, brochures, graphics for digital signage or social media, email promotions, fliers, invitations, newsletters, postcards, mailers, posters, banners, yard signs, promotional items, logos, etc.
- Two to four weeks notice of upcoming events or needs is requested.
- Includes: studio portraits, environmental or outdoor portraits, events, photo editing, requests for existing photos in our library, etc.
- Photos will be processed in the order by which they are taken. This can range from a few days to a couple of weeks depending on the current department workload.
Public Relations and Media Relations
- Up to four weeks notice is requested.
- Includes: press releases, features, proofreading, ad placement, Vallo Voice, Montevallo Today, etc.
- Proofreading: three to five days notice
- Writing and editing only: one to two weeks notice with content provided
- Writing, editing and promotion prior to an event: three to four weeks notice
- General public relations and publicity for events and academic programs: as early as possible
Digital Media/Social Media
- Three days notice is requested.
- Includes: scheduling/publishing through UM’s official accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.
- If there is a need for graphics to be designed, please allow one week.
- Promotion of event under Upcoming Events & Activities on www.montevallo.edu/campus-life
Photos should be included for this type of promotion. One week notice is requested.
Want a consultation? Contact Kira Thomas or Tiffany Bunt at 665-6230.