University Relations is the central communications office responsible for the overall direction and oversight for the University’s strategic marketing and communications initiatives and tactical public-relations programs, designed to present the University to its multiple constituencies, internally and externally, fostering a climate of public and private support.
This office has central responsibility for coordinating communications with the media, and is responsible, in conjunction with the UM Police Department, for the University’s Emergency Communication Plan.
University Relations supports the mission of the University by:
- developing and implementing a strategic marketing and public-relations program that raises awareness of the University and supports and advances the University’s strategic mission;
- providing services to assist the campus in clearly and concisely projecting the Montevallo campus’ core values, attributes and strengths;
- maintaining news pages on the website and the official University social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.);
- developing and maintaining the University’s graphics and communications program;
- overseeing external communication to ensure that standards of high quality are maintained;
- providing photographic services to the campus community for the purposes of communications, marketing and promoting the institution and in documenting its history.