Freddie the Falcon Mascot Program Requirements:
The Freddie the Falcon mascot program is a shared venture between UM Athletics and University Marketing & Communications. The program seeks to create and foster positive school spirit at both athletic events and on-campus initiatives. The students selected as Freddie Ambassadors will serve as representatives of the University of Montevallo in a professional capacity. Students are expected to adhere to the Student Code of Conduct, the Freddie Code of Conduct and be a student of high integrity.
Student Requirements for the Freddie the Falcon mascot program:
- Student must meet height requirements of 5’7” to 5’11”. There are no exceptions to this requirement due to costume measurements;
- Student must be a full-time student in good academic standing and maintain at least a 2.5 GPA before and during the program;
- Student must be a current University of Montevallo student during the entering Fall semester;
- Student is required to have a general physical completed & turned in upon acceptance as a mascot for the 2019-2020 school year;
Applications to be a Freddie Ambassador are reviewed by the Freddie Committee, and if selected, students are invited to interview for a position. A one-day clinic will be held during the Fall semester for all Freddie Ambassadors to become familiar with their performance obligations as Freddie the Falcon.
Freddie Ambassadors are contractually bound to their tenure as Freddie the Falcon and, if there is a breach in contract, are subject to the removal of their Freddie Ambassador scholarship. Students can serve as Freddie for up to four years maximum.
At times, Freddie Ambassadors will be required to attend events after school hours, on weekends and during University breaks (i.e. Fall break, Winter break, Spring break, etc.). The Freddie the Falcon mascot is a 1-year scholarship program that runs from August 2019 to June 2020.
To apply for the Freddie the Falcon mascot program:
- Complete the online application;
- Attach résumé and faculty/staff references.
All forms must be completed and submitted through the online portal by 8 a.m. August 30. There are no exceptions to this date. Once we have received all completed information, students who have been selected for interviews will be contacted with additional information on interview times.