Note: After establishing your forUM Username and password, you will not have to repeat this procedure.
To begin, visit the University of Montevallo Password Management site here. Now proceed through the following steps:
- Click on I don’t know my current password or I am a new student or employee button
- Enter your UM Login Username in the “User name” box (for example, if firstname.lastname@example.org is your email address, then smithj is the username).
- Complete the required fields. Note the password requirements at the bottom of this webpage
- After clicking the Reset Password button, a message should appear and inform you that your password has been reset
- Login to forUM using your new password
UM Network Passwords must conform to the following standards:
- Passwords must be at least eight (8) characters long
- New passwords should not be similar to old passwords
- Your password may not contain your username
- Passwords must contain characters from at least three (3) of the following four (4)categories:
- Uppercase Letters (A – Z)
- Lowercase Letters (a – z)
- Numerals (0 – 9)
- Special Characters (for example: !#%) Do not use @ in your password!!!