Create your UM Password – to access UM Email and Canvas
To begin, visit the University of Montevallo Password Management site here. Now proceed through the following steps:
- Select “I don’t know my current password or I am a new student or employee.”
- Complete the required fields. Note the password requirements below.
- Enter your UM Login Username (ex. email@example.com – smithj is the username).
- Enter your UMID – use a capital ‘M’.
- After submitting Reset Password a message to “close the browser” will appear.
- Use to access your UM Email and Canvas – Links located in the bottom links of www.montevallo.edu.
UM Network Passwords must conform to the following standards:
- Passwords must be at least eight (8) characters long
- New passwords should not be similar to old passwords
- Your password may not contain your username
- Passwords must contain characters from at least three (3) of the following four (4)categories:
- Uppercase Letters (A – Z)
- Lowercase Letters (a – z)
- Numerals (0 – 9)
- Special Characters (for example: !#%) Do not use @ in your password!!!