- Wednesday, May 20th – Final Grading entry opens through Banner Self-Service
- Friday, May 22nd – Final Exam day
- Tuesday, May 26th – All final grades due no later than 10:00 AM for May term
- Tuesday, May 26th – Final Grades viewable to students through Banner Self-Service
- Wednesday, June 24th – Final Grading entry opens through Banner Self-Service
- Friday, June 26th – Final Exam day
- Monday, June 29th – All final grades due no later than 10 AM for June term
- Monday, June 29th – Final Grades viewable to students through Banner Self-Service
- Wednesday, July 29th – Final Grading entry opens through Banner Self-Service
- Friday, July 31st – Final Exam day
- Monday, August 3rd – All final grades due no later than 10 AM for July, Combine and Full Summer term
- Monday, August 3rd – Final Grades viewable to students through Banner Self-Service
- Wednesday, August 5th – Deadline for Summer final grade conversion request (summer graduation candidates only)
- Thursday, August 6th – Completion certified and Summer degree conferred (with date of 7/31/2020). Transcripts released.
- Thursday, August 20th – Deadline for all Summer final grade conversion requests (all students)
The University of Montevallo will implement the following alternative grading system for Undergraduate Students for the Summer 2020 semester:
1. For all courses, faculty will enter the letter grade earned by each student by the final grading deadline for each end of Summer term at 10 am. The original letter grade will be archived.
2. Students may elect to keep one or more letter grades earned (A, B, C, D, P, S, F, NC) and the grades will be calculated into the semester and overall institutional grade point average (GPA). Grades of “P” and “D” or higher will apply to earned hours.
3. Alternatively, students may elect to convert one or more letter grades to the following non-punitive grades:
a. Pass (P) – replaces earned letter grade of “C” or above. The course will count as credit toward degree requirements but the grade will not factor into the calculation of the student’s term and overall grade point average. A grade of “P” will be displayed on the academic transcript in place of the assigned letter grade.
b. Credit (CR) – replaces earned letter grade of “D”. The course will count as credit toward degree requirements but the grade will not factor into the calculation of the student’s term and overall grade point average. A grade of “CR” will be displayed on the academic transcript in place of the assigned letter grade. Note: some courses and programs require a grade of “C” or higher and “CR” will not meet that requirement.
c. No Credit (NC) – replaces earned letter grade of “F”. The course will not count as credit toward degree requirements and the grade will not factor into the calculation of the student’s term and overall grade point average. A grade of “NC” will be displayed on the academic transcript in place of the assigned letter grade.
d. Note: Faculty entered grades of U (certain courses only) or NC (ENG 101, 102, 103, 104, MATH 131) are not eligible for conversion as they do not calculate into the semester or overall institution grade point average by default.
4. Students should consult carefully with advisors, chairs, program coordinators, certification officers (TES, VA, athletics, etc.), the Falcon Success Center, and/or the Associate Registrar (for graduation candidates) in order to make the best decisions before requesting grade conversion.
5. If a student chooses to convert one or more letter grades to an alternative grade, an official request must be made with the Registrar’s Office. The form or link will also be made available on the Registrar’s Office Resources page in Canvas (located in the Help menu for students).
6. Final grade conversion request for Summer 2020 must be submitted no later than:
a. – August 5th for Summer graduation candidates
b. – August 20th for all other students
7. The University is committed to a flexible, understanding approach when reviewing Academic Standing (suspension, dismissals, etc.), Standard Academic Progress (financial aid), and scholarship renewals.
8. Inclusion on Dean’s and President’s List will be based on the recorded grades before the application of requested grade conversions.
9. Graduate Programs will make the decision about utilization of this system for their individual programs. Graduate programs will inform the Provost’s office and Registrar’s office about the decisions for their programs, so we can ensure that all graduate faculty and students are fully informed about the Summer 2020 grading options for their programs.
Note for Graduate Students – The alternative grading option may not apply to all graduate programs. Please contact you graduate program advisor or coordinator for more information.
Faculty will enter the actual letter grade earned by students for each class. Students will then have the option to convert one or more final grades to the P/CR/NC grading option (see above). Students will submit requests through a Dynamic Form enter your login information (same as Canvas) to submit your request (see below) you can also accessed the form on the Registrar’s Office Canvas page (located in the Help menu).
Students should consult with their academic advisor, program coordinator, any certification officers (athletic, veteran, teacher education), and others before making a final decision.
Each request submitted will be forwarded to the student’s primary academic advisor for acknowledgement. This is to ensure the requested conversion will not harm the student’s academic progress or standing in a certified program. The advisor must acknowledge the request before it’s forwarded to the Registrar’s Office for processing. All grade conversions to P/CR/NC will be processed as a grade change in order to archive the original earned grade.
GPAs, Academic Standing, and Transcripts
Semester and overall GPAs will be updated and calculated by Tuesday August 4th. Academic standing lists will be forwarded to department chairs and college deans for review on that day. UM is committed to a flexible, understanding approach in reviewing academic standing and notifications to students will be sent out by the end of the week.
As grade conversions are processed, GPAs and transcripts will be updated individually. Therefore, in order to distribute more accurate transcripts, requests for transcripts containing final summer grades will be processed on Thursday August 6th.
Summer Graduation Candidates
To allow time for Summer candidates to submit grade conversions, degrees will be awarded on Thursday, 08/06, with the original conferral date of 07/31/2020.
A separate email was sent directly to graduation candidates with specific information regarding graduation timelines and processing adjustments.
Student Requests for Final Grade Conversions
Note: That Summer graduation candidates must have their request no later than Wednesday, 8/5. All other requests for Summer final grade conversions must be submitted no later than August 20th.
Graduation Candidates request for Final Grade Conversion (Expired)