GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
It’s an Honor to Serve You
At the University of Montevallo, it is our honor to serve our veterans, current service members, and their families. We welcome you to study with us to begin the next chapter of your life and offer our assistance in navigating the use of educational benefits you have earned. We work closely with members and veterans of the armed forces, Reserves, and National Guard, as well as their dependents and spouses to provide the best educational opportunities and support available.
With our mission to provide, facilitate, and coordinate programs and services that support our military-related students, the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs complements the University’s overall mission of assisting students in the pursuit of self-defined success.
GI Bill® Benefits
We can make your UM education affordable and flexible with a range of VA and DOD educational assistance programs:
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® – Yellow Ribbon (Chapter 33, YR)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill® Transfer of Entitlement (Chapter 33)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program-REAP (Chapter 1607)
- Survivor’s and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Fry Scholarship
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
- The Alabama G.I. Dependents Education Scholarship
- Alabama National Guard Education Assistant Program (ANGEAP)
- ANGEAP Information
- ANGEAP Application
Tuition Assistance – (For active duty, reserves, and national guard, the process begins with your unit’s Education Services Officer.)
Housed in UM’s Global Community Outreach Building, the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs serves UM’s veterans, those currently serving in the armed forces, and their families. The space features a computer lab, lounge area, conference room, and quiet area for studying, plus free printing services and phone charging stations. The office also provides, facilitates, and coordinates programs to meet the needs of our veteran student population.
2022 Donor Impact Report Information
- Serving more than 200 students, which is approximately 10% of UM student population
- Awarded Military Friendly School, Military Spouse Friendly School and College of Distinction Military Support School, and we’re No. 9 for Best College for Veterans on US News Reports
- UM Veteran Center had more than 500 visitors and 900 inquiries about education benefits
- 100% Scholarships