Did you know that you can set up a parent/authorized user to make payments on your student account? While viewing your account through self-services, click on the credit card payment link at the bottom of the page. You can make a payment on your account, view past web payments, set up a parent/authorized user, and save payment information to make it easier to pay the next time. You also have the option of paying with an e-check. Everything is secure and compliant with federal regulations.
Authorized users you select will only see your current balance, which may be split into multiple terms if you have a balance for more than one term. They cannot see any detail information on your account, any of your saved payment information types, or have access to anything through self-services. Also, you cannot see any saved payment information that they set up. When you grant access, they are e-mailed the login name that you assigned and a temporary password that the system assigns. If their password needs to be reset at any time, you need to do this by editing their account (you will see an edit link after you make the user active).
Setting up an authorized user:
- Log into Banner Self Service
- Click on Student
- Choose “Student Account”
- Choose any of the three ways to view your account
- Review the account detail
- When ready to set up a parent/authorized user, click on “credit card payment” at the bottom of the page
- To set up a parent/authorized user
- In the Parent/Authorized User box, click on “Add New” to set up your user
- Enter the log-in name for the new user (ex: John Smith, or Mom)
- Enter the e-mail address of the new user
- The welcome note is optional and will be included in the e-mail that is sent to the new user
- Click ok
- You have now set up an authorized user. They will receive an e-mail with further instructions.