- Where do I go to register my device?
Go to the following web address for registration: https://xps.montevallo.edu
(Apple devices must use the Safari web browser.)
2. Do I need to be on campus to register my device through the web portal?
No, you do not need to be on campus to register. However, for FalconNet registration, you need to complete the registration from the device that you are registering, so that the SSL certificate may be installed. Registrations to UMGaming may be done from any device with a web browser.
3. Are there any special computer hardware requirements to connect to FalconNet?
The device must accept 802.1X/WPA2 technical standards. Some laptops include wireless hardware that does not support WPA2, and older laptops may require an update of their wireless card drivers.
Make sure the device’s operating system is up to date with the latest updates (Microsoft, Apple, etc.)
4. Which operating systems are compatible with FalconNet?
Windows Vista or higher
Mac OS X 10.8 or higher
Apple iOS 6 or higher
Android 4.1 or higher
Linux Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10, 15.04, 15.10, 16.04, 16.10, 17.04, 17.10
Linux Fedora 18 or higher
5. Are there wired Ethernet jacks in the Residence Halls?
All residence halls are equipped with wired access. Each room/suite is equipped with one wireless access point with four Ethernet ports.