If you are looking for a flexible part time job, enjoy helping
others, and are a strong student, you should consider becoming a tutor
for the ASPIRE Program.
- You must be a currently enrolled UM student with an overall GPA of a 3.0
or higher with an "A" or a "B" in the course(s) you would like to tutor.
- Each semester, tutors are
required to complete training activities to help provide the
knowledge and tools necessary to have the most beneficial
tutoring experience possible. These activities are
- Recommendation from a UM faculty member.
- Dependability, interpersonal
skills, a positive attitude, and interest
in helping students be successful with their classes.
- Flexible working schedule that adjusts depending on your school and
- Starting salary of $9/hr with an increase after successfully tutoring
for two semesters.
- Excellent experience to list on your résumé, especially if you are
interested in a career in education or graduate school.
- Making a difference and helping students.
Our tutoring program is certified through the College Reading and
Contact Maija Braaten, Coordinator of Instruction, for more information and
to apply to become a tutor for the ASPIRE/SSS Program. You may call (205)665-6250 or