The QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan) is a vehicle for colleges and universities to enhance student learning on campus. It is a major requirement for reaccreditation by SACS.
· Our QEP is titled Brick by Brick: Building Information Literacy
We wanted to tie our QEP to the campus and therefore we went with one of the most recognized aspects, the brick streets. The idea is that a foundation of Information Literacy can lead our students on a “brick” path of success.
Information literacy is the ability to obtain, evaluate, and effectively use information to become responsible informed scholars and citizens.
1. Information Literate students determine the nature and extent of the information required.
2. Information Literate students identify and acquire sources for the information.
3. Information Literate students assess the validity and the appropriateness of the information.
4. Information Literate students effectively use the information to accomplish a specific purpose.
5. Information Literate students understand issues and benefits associated with the responsible use of information.
· Courses – Information Literacy is embedded into these courses and a stronger emphasis is placed on connecting IL throughout the academic career.
ENG 101, 102, 103, 104
COMS 101, 102
IL-defined courses designated by the major
Capstone Courses or “Senior Experience” within Majors