UM offers a comprehensive medical insurance plan through Blue Cross/Blue Shield to all active full-time employees appointed for an academic year or longer. The spouses and unmarried dependent children up to age 26 may also participate when family coverage is selected by the employee. Benefits-eligible temporary/adjunct employees who are not in continuous renewal status may participate only during the months of their active service. Coverage may begin on the first day of the employee’s first full month of employment and terminates on the last day of the month of their termination. Employees’ share of the premium is $100/single contracts and $236/family contracts.
$35 copay per office visit for primary care physician; $50 copay for specialist.
- $300 Inpatient Hospital deductible and $150 per day copay beginning with the 2nd through 5th day, per admission.
- Outpatient Hospital Benefits ($150 co-pay).
- $500 Major Medical deductible per calendar year, per person (maximum of 3 deductibles per family).
Expanded Psychiatric Services (Inpatient/Outpatient).
- Participating Chiropractic Services.
- Preventative Care Services, including hospital newborn & well child care, routine immunizations, routine pap smears & mammograms, prostate specific antigens.