Community School of Music
We accept students of all ages and abilities and are committed to providing exceptional music training from qualified instructors at affordable rates. Non-credit individual lessons are provided in: piano, voice, guitar, strings, woodwinds, brass, and percussion. Each semester the Community School of Music also provides recitals for our students. This is an excellent opportunity for students to gain valuable performance skills in a professional environment. Family and friends are welcome to attend.
We welcome any questions or comments you have about our program and hope to see you studying with us in the near future!
The Community School of Music provides a free-of-charge weekly musicianship class in the Fall and Spring semesters for children in the community. The class is open for students ages 5-11 and each class is 45 minutes long. In this class, children work with UM Music Education Majors and discover their musical potential!
Hurry and register; private lessons start January 6 and the Musicianship Class starts January 27!
- The Community School of Music has provided quality music education to our communities for nearly forty years.
- We are proud to provide non-credit music lessons to people of all ages and levels of abilities.
- All of our instructors are professional musicians that are actively performing and teaching music for a living.
- Safe environment and lessons are scheduled at convenient times for most students.
- We provide lessons on a variety of instruments including private instruction in: piano, voice, guitar (classical and pick style), violin, trumpet, flute, French horn, trombone, clarinet, mandolin, ukulele, and organ.
- Recitals are held, free of charge, at LeBaron Recital Hall on the University of Montevallo campus.
If the student has any conditions (including mental/physical challenges, learning disabilities, or medical issues) that the Community School of Music or the instructor should be aware of, please contact Matthew McKinney at 205-665-6678.