COMS Day is an annual event that provides information about the major by highlighting career and professional opportunities for Communication Studies (COMS) majors. Guest lecturers have included alumni and community leaders from across Shelby County. The event serves as the senior project for the COMS Capstone course. The event is planned, hosted and executed entirely by the students.
COMS Day is open to alumni and all are encouraged to attend.
Third Annual COMS Day Thursday, October 24, 2013
• Keynote Speaker – 1:00, Davis Hall
- Ike Pigott, Communications Strategist at Alabama Power
- Refreshments & Networking – 1:45, Reynolds Hall Lobby
• Breakout Session A –2:30, Reynolds Hall
- Josh Barronton, Coordinator Instruction at University of Montevallo
- Louise Crow, Director at Alabama at Peritus and President-Elect, Public Relations Society of America, Alabama Chapter
• Breakout Session B – 3:00, Reynolds Hall
- Brian Bateh, Founder and Member at Warren Averett Staffing & Recruiting and Co-President, The Suki Foundation
- Jenny Wilson, Development Director at Better Basics
• Networking and Raffle – 3:30, Reynolds Hall Lobby