Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 2:01 p.m.
Members Present: Sen. Lowe, Sen. Wicknick, Sen. Ayotte, Sen. Thrower, Sen. Gilbert, Sen. Bell, Sen. Vaccarella, Sen. Hamilton, Sen. Ford, Sen. Byrd, Sen. McMinn
Approval of previous meeting’s minutes: Senator Ayotte moved to approve. Senator Bell seconded. Motion carried.
· The Senators reviewed the packets submitted by the CASE professor nominees. The Senate recommended that Terry Roberson represent the University this year.
· Senator Hamilton reported that the difference in the budget reported was due to “one-time” money for repairs of Palmer Auditorium.
· There are still a few minor issues that the budget sub-committee will fix before the budget is distributed.
· Shared Governance:
· Discussion of changes and additions pursued. The changes that were approved by the Senate will be incorporated into the document. This revised draft will be distributed to the faculty. Discussion on any further comments will take place at the next Senate meeting.
· The Senate has been invited to lunch before the next Board of Trustees meeting on May 2, 2007. Details will be given at the next Senate meeting.
Senator Ayotte moved to adjourn. Senator Bell seconded. Motion passed.