Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 2:07 p.m.
Members Present: Pres. Puleo, Sen. Lowe, Sen. Wicknick, Sen. Ayotte, Sen. Thrower, Sen. Duran-McLure, Sen. Gilbert, Sen. Bell, Sen. Vaccarella, Sen. Hamilton, Sen. Ford.
Approval of previous meeting’s minutes: Senator Duran-McLure moved to approve. Senator Ayotte seconded. Motion carried.
· CASE Professor nominees:
We will notify President Puleo by March 14th of preference.
· Pre-tenure leave: Dr. Williams desires a meeting with Senators Puleo and Wicknick to discuss the finer details of plan. President Puleo suggests we should look at sabbatical and pre-tenure leave issues together and take both to President.
· Shared Governance:
· President Puleo: Thank you to those who worked so hard on this body of
· Discussion of changes and additions pursued. Senator Lowe will meet with Senators Gilbert and Wicknick to insure that document properly reflects the role and place of university library in document content. Senate’s discussion of suggestions on Constitution and Bylaws will continue, primarily via email.
· President Puleo will take to Board of Trustees in May. Senate should have a polished document for next meeting on March 16th. We will take DRAFT of Constitution and Bylaws to our respective departments and colleges once Sen. Gilbert sends refined document Tuesday, March 6th.
· Senator Wicknick—reported that a colleague asked about Administrative Assessment. Will it happen this year? Senate President Puleo will ask President Williams.
· Senator Ford reported that faculty in the Music building are concerned with faculty parking reassignment to student parking. Change is causing problems for faculty in that building.
· Senator Gilbert inquired about discrimination language issue. Revised statement still does not seem to be as inclusive as desired. President Puleo will get clarification.
Senator Gilbert moved to adjourn. Senator Bell seconded. Motion passed.